Ocala Luxury Homes
Westbury is a luxury house neighborhood in Ocala, Florida, that offers a wide range of gorgeous sizes, styles, and budgets. The majority of the homes in Westbury are large and reasonably priced. This community came into existence in 1988 and has grown steadily throughout the years.
It is a prestigious guard-gated enclave in South Ocala. It is off SW 27th Avenue. Grocery shops, shopping, physicians’ and dentist offices, and schools nearby Westbury. It is a smaller neighborhood with around 40 huge, elegant homes on larger lots—Trinity High School, Highway 200, and other attractions are minutes away.
Westbury is a guard-gated enclave with less than 40 homesites, making it very exclusive.
A well and a septic system serve Homes. At the gate, there is a natural guard, not keypad access.
Liberty Middle, Saddlewood Elementary, and West Port High are the school zones. There is no clubhouse, but an HOA covers the guard and standard area maintenance.
The public cannot access the community without the presence and appointment. If you are looking for a home in Westbury, contact a Realtor to see any that are available.
The area is part of the more fabulous city of Ocala, which has a long and illustrious history. Ocala’s name stems from the defunct Timucuan tribe, whose village was known as “Ocali,” which means “Big Hammock” in English.
Ocala’s streets now bear Native American names, while others bear Spanish names derived from earlier land concessions.
Ocala came into being as the county seat of Marion County in 1846. By 1847, residents had built a courthouse on the plaza, relocated the post office to Ocala, and started a weekly newspaper. By 1858, Ocala had established itself as one of Florida’s most important social and commercial hubs.
On the land part of the 1817 Alvarez grant, Joseph Caldwell laid out a 50-block section southeast of the original city plan in 1880. This property had a route passing that connected Ocala with Fort King.
A fire almost destroyed the town’s core in 1883. Brick and other fire-resistant materials replaced logs throughout the reconstruction. As a result, Ocala earned the moniker “Brick City,” which it still bears.
The Town of Ocala was locally formed in 1868, according to the 1885 Charter of Ocala, and received state recognition on February 4, 1869. The city limits were 1000 yards in all directions from the main square at incorporation.
By 1890, Ocala had grown to four square miles in size and had a population of 1,895, making it Florida’s sixth biggest city. The Tuscawilla Park Historic Districts and Ocala have historical residences built within a few blocks of Court House Square.